ABC5, Homemakers & La-Z-Boy want to give you to win the "Best Seats in the House!"
Contest Description: Starting Wednesday October 24th, watch ABC5 News Ten at 10 every weekday for your chance to win the "Best Seats in the House!" During the newscast look for the "Best Seats in the House Secret Word." Then, log onto myabc5.com or visit Homemakers before 3pm the following day and enter the secret word for your chance to win! One lucky weekly winner will be selected each weekday from all entries that correctly identify the secret word. That daily winner will be announced on Ten at 10 on ABC5 and receive a $100 Gift Certificate to Homemakers. Then, on October 31, November 7th, 14th and 21st all correct entries from the week will be gathered and one lucky winner will selected as our "Best Seats in the House" weekly Winner. The "Best Seats in the House" winner will be announced on ABC5 Ten at 10 and each receive a La-Z-Boy Recliner and their choice of two tickets to Nebraska vs Iowa or Iowa State vs West Virginia on Friday, November 23rd. Watch Ten at 10 on ABC5 for your chance to have the Best Seats in the House!
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. How to enter: Visit www.myabc5.com's contest page with the correct code word or visit Homemakers, 10215 Douglas Ave., Urbandale during normal business hours. to submit entry
3. Eligibility: Contestants must reside in the Designated Market Area (DMA) as determined by Nielsen Media Research, of ABC5/WOI-TV. All minor contestants must have parental consent to enter and participate in the contest. Employees of ABC5 and its affiliated sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and other agents, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with such employees, are not eligible.
4. Entry dates:10/24/12-11/21/12
5. Prizes and odds: (4) La-z-boy recliners to four weekly winners. (4) pairs of tickets to Iowa State versus West Virginia OR Iowa versus Nebraska to four weekly winners. (20) $100 gift certificates to Homemakers. Odds are dependent upon number of entries received..
6. Selection of winners: Winners will be chosen in a random drawing
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance. All Grand Prize winners will be notified by phone or email. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
8. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes.
9. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and entrant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims, and causes of action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
10. General Release. By entering the Contest, contestants release ABC5, promotional partners, any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).